Black Diamond Express Ice Screws
The easiest and fastest placing ice screws on the planet, the Black Diamond Express Ice Screw features a tapered tube where the teeth cut a hole just larger than the tube itself, for less friction during placements. A large, color-coded crank knob makes for easy size identification and uninterrupted 360-degree motion. Weight: 10 cm - 118 g (3.2 oz); 13 cm - 134 g (4.7 oz); 16 cm - 145 g (5.1 oz); 19 cm - 159 g (5.6 oz); 22 cm - 168 g (5.9 oz). Strength: 10 kN, 2248 lbf. Materials: Screw - Chromoly; Hanger: Stainless steel.
- Advanced tooth geometry for easier starting and faster placement
- Larger crank knobs with uninterrupted 360 degree motion
- Stainless steel hangers with two clip points
- Available in 5 lengths, color-coded for quick indexing
- CE certified, patented. Rock and Ice Magazine - Best In Gear Award 2009